Issues & Best Practices
The 20th Annual Spring Workshop sponsored by ALAO's
Curriculum Materials Center Interest Group
Continental Breakfast Provided.
Lunch is on your own, a box lunch option is available
Join ALAO’s Curriculum Materials Center Interest Group as the experts share their virtual collection development knowledge and experiences.
- Learn how to select and manage electronic resources
- Learn about electronic resource options for education
- Learn about OHIONET’s library support and services
- Be prepared for the NET Generation!
Scheduled to speak are:
- Anne Gilliland, Assistant Director of Library Systems, Database Management, OhioLINK will share best practices for developing a virtual collection - acquiring, cataloging, circulating, and maintaining virtual (electronic, digital) resources. She will also provide an overview of OhioLINK’s future plans in this area, especially those that may impact education collections.
- Cynthia Duchane, INFOhio Project Coordinator, will go over resources INFOhio provides for the K-12 community that can be utilized in education courses. She will highlight the resources that are also available via OhioLINK when students go on to continue their education. She hopes to share information about the 12-13 transition project INFOhio is working on with several K-12 and OhioLINK representatives, including Mary Cummings.
- Mary Conroy, Electronic Resources Coordinator, OHIONET, will highlight electronic resources for academic libraries, their selection and evaluation, vendor negotiations, and copyright issues. She will provide an overview of OhioNet’s services and workshops for cataloging, collection management, and electronic collections.
- Mary Cummings M.A, M.S.L.S. Librarian, Shawnee State University, will share free and fee audio and multimedia Children’s Literature resources and talk about how users can create podcasts of children’s literature.
Workshop cost? For ALAO/OCLIS members, cost is $30 with a box lunch and $25 without a box lunch. Cost for non-members, includes option of a 1 year ALAO Memberhsip with dues of $30, is $60 with a box lunch and $55 without a boxed lunch.
There is a registration limit of 30. Registration deadline is May 9, 2008.