Co-Chair, Curriculum Materials Center Interest Group (CMCIG)
Do you or another Curriculum Materials Center colleague want to be more involved in ALAO? Please nominate them or yourself for CMCIG Co-Chair for 2008-09. CMCIG co-chairs represent and advocate for the concerns and interests of Ohio’s Curriculum Materials Centers at the state level. Your service provides an opportunity to network with other Ohio academic library professionals and share ideas and information about timely issues. Ideally, it is a two-year position.
Send nominee names and contact information to Ann.Raney@notes.udayton.edu by May 16th. We’ll choose a new co-chair during the Spring Workshop.
· Attend the annual retreat (usually two days in June – meet other board members, learn about ALAO, organizational plans for the next year, and the IG chair’s duties and workshop procedures. This year’s retreat is June 2nd and 3rd.)
· Attend 4 board meetings at OHIONET (usually on Fridays in September, November, February, & April)
· Plan a CMCIG sponsored session for the ALAO Annual Conference in late October or early November. (The coordinating committee and workshop evaluations provide suggestions.)
· Plan and coordinate the spring workshop in late April or May. (The coordinating committee and workshop evaluations provide suggestions for topics, locations, speakers, etc.)
( workshop guidelines - http://www.alaoweb.org/procmanual/general.php#wkshp ;
past workshops - http://www.alaoweb.org/igs/cmcig/workshops.php )
· Compose quarterly reports of interest group activities and post electronically prior to each board meeting. (You will receive friendly email reminders.)
· Compile an annual CMCIG report and post it electronically prior to the board retreat. (You will receive friendly email reminders.)
· Compose and electronically submit an article to the editor for each issue of the Newsletter (due August 15th, November 15th, February 15th, and May 15th) (You will receive friendly email reminders.)
· Review and update CMCIG purpose, goals, and objectives and submit changes for the Procedure’s Manual. (http://www.alaoweb.org/igs/cmcig/index.php )
· Review and update the CMCIG web page and send corrections to the ALAO web masters.
· Volunteer for board committees.
· Become part of the annual conference planning committee.
· Plan new CMCIG projects.
For additional information, please contact any member of the Coordinating Committee. http://www.alaoweb.org/igs/cmcig/index.php#coordcom
Consider sharing your time, knowledge, and experience with your colleagues. New ideas will help us grow professionally and keep us strong!!